Cheddar cheese, the most widely known and eaten cheese in the world is always made from cow's milk. It is a hard and natural cheese that has a slightly crumbly texture if properly cured and if it is too young, the texture is smooth. It gets a sharper taste as it matures over a period of time between 9 to 24 months.
100% Natural Cheddar cheese crafted by La Ferme Cheese in Auroville, India. Made out of cow's milk, salt, vegetarian enzymes and seasoning cultures, using no preservatives, artificial flavors or colors. La Ferme's traditional manufacturing process honors both the authentic texture and taste of cheese and guarantees the natural balance of vitamins, proteins and natural milk fat which gives it its unique characteristics.
Recommendation for usage:
- Do not freeze the cheese, since it may cause changes in the texture and taste. As a result, the shelf life may also be shortened. If the pack is unopened, refrigerate at 4°C.
- If mold or fungus develops on cheese in the fridge, it doesn't mean the cheese is spoiled. However, if you don't like the view of it, you can simply scrape it off, since it is merely a matter of taste and appetizing look.
- Cheese should be kept at room temperature for at least 10 minutes before it is being served.
- Cheese can be served after lunch or dinner on a cheese platter with bread or with wine.
- Cheese (fondue) can be melted to provide the basic ingredient for a sauce, which is served with bread (baguette) for dipping and
- It can be grated and sprinkled on baked dishes in a stove or on cooked cauliflower, sprouts, broccoli, and many other vegetables.
Shelf Life: Best before two months from packing.