Gruyere is named after a Swiss village. It is a traditional, creamy, unpasteurized, semi-soft tasting cheese that matures after 3 to 4 months.
100% Natural Gruyere Cheese crafted by La Ferme Cheese in Auroville, India. It is made out of cow's and goat's milk, salt, vegetarian enzymes and seasoning cultures, using no preservatives, artificial flavors or colors. La Ferme's traditional manufacturing process honors both the authentic texture and taste of cheese and guarantees the natural balance of vitamins, proteins and natural milk fat which gives it its unique characteristics
Recommendation for usage:
- Do not freeze the cheese, since it may cause changes in the texture and taste. As a result, the shelf life may also be shortened. If the pack is unopened, refrigerate at 4°C.
- Cheese should be kept at room temperature for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Gruyere cheese can be served after lunch or dinner on a cheese platter with bread or with wine.
- Cheese (fondue) can be melted to provide the basic ingredient for a sauce, which is served with bread (baguette) for dipping and
- It can be grated and sprinkled on baked dishes in a stove or on cooked cauliflower, sprouts, broccoli, and many other vegetables.
Shelf Life: Best before two months from packing.