Vnya Originals : Naurangi Dal
@chefguntas curated Ghar ka Khana!
We are glad to know that our Uttarakhandi Naurangi Dal is so well received by @chefguntas ☺️
Naurangi dal & chawal with chutney & thecha !
Made this meal with all organic stuff which I picked up from @the_green_co_op !
1. To begin making naurangi Dal (@vnya.in )soak 2 cup of the dal overnight. In the morning pressure cook everything with salt till it's cooked. Mash the cooked dal gently and keep it aside.
2. Heat a big kadai on medium flame, pour 2 tbsp ghee @twobrothersorganicfarmsindia and add 1 tbsp of chopped ginger and 1 tbsp of chopped garlic.
3. To this add 1 onion choppedand sauté till it turns light brown.
5. Now add 1 chopped tomato and 2-3 slit green chilli and cook until the tomatoes are half done.
7. Add the 1 tbsp coriander, 1 tsp red chilli, and 1 tsp garam masala powder and give it a mix and cook until the ghee or oil separates out.
8. Now add the cooked mashed dal to this, add the required amount of water and let it simmer for ten minutes.
10. Now gently crush 1 tsp kasuri methi between your palms and put it over the dal.
12. Bring it to a boil , taste and adjust.
13. Serve your dal with Sona masuri rice @vnya.in and some peanut chutney & thecha from @twobrothersorganicfarmsindia !
If you do try our recipes don’t forget to tag us !
#Vnya #VnyaOriginals #chefguntas#organic #himachal #pahadi#uttarakhand #dalchawal #chutney#wholesome #vegan#vegetarianrecipes