Groundnut oil or arachis oil is a mild-tasting vegetable oil derived from peanuts. The oil is available with a strong peanut flavor and aroma, analogous to sesame oil.
Real unrefined cold-pressed groundnut/peanut oil is extracted using the traditional wooden mill (kachi ghani) method where the oil is extracted without heating or any chemical processes. Groundnut oil that is extracted using traditional cold pressed methods is highly nutritious and healthy with all the health benefits intact.
Benefits of consuming unrefined cold-pressed Groundnut Oil:
- Because of a very high smoke point, groundnut oil can be used for deep frying and high-temperature cooking.
- Cold Pressed Groundnut Oil adds a very unique flavour to any food.
- Peanut oil contains many essential fatty acids and is completely free of cholesterol.
- Groundnut oil contains resveratrol which protects the cells against cancer, nervous system diseases, Alzheimer’s etc. Groundnut oil is rich in plant sterols which help in reducing heart attack risk.
- Groundnut oil is also high in vitamin E which is also an antioxidant and protects the cells from damage.